Ubuntu GNOME (formerly Ubuntu GNOME Remix) is a mostly pure GNOME desktop experience built from the Ubuntu repositories. Our first (unofficial) release was 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal), released in October 2012.
The first official release was 13.04 (Raring Ringtail).
The latest Long Term Support release is Ubuntu GNOME 16.04.3.
The final stable non-LTS release is Ubuntu GNOME 17.04.
Please join us and contribute to an exciting, international, free and open source software project. We look forward to working together with you.
Minimum System Requirements
- 1 GHz processor (for example Intel Celeron) or better.
- 1.5 GB RAM (system memory).
- 10 GB of free hard drive space for installation.
- Either a CD/DVD drive or a USB port for the installer media.
- Internet access is helpful (for installing updates during the installation process).
Download Ubuntu GNOME
Please read the release notes before downloading.
Please head over to the Get Ubuntu GNOME page for more details.
For more information about Ubuntu GNOME, please visit our Wiki area.